Visual hackers are a growing concern for businesses and individuals alike. But what exactly are they, and how do they steal data? In this article, we will answer common questions about visual hackers and their methods of stealing information. By understanding how these criminals operate, you can take steps to protect yourself and your data from being stolen.
What is Visual Hackers Steal Data?
Visual hackers are criminals who use their visual abilities to steal sensitive information. This can be done in a variety of ways, but the most common is by looking over someone’s shoulder to see what they are typing or reading.
Visual hackers can also take pictures of confidential documents or computer screens with their phones, or even look through trash cans to find discarded paperwork.
While visual hacking might sound like a relatively low-tech way of stealing data, it can be surprisingly effective. In a study conducted by Ponemon Institute, 60% of businesses reported that they had experienced at least one instance of visual hacking in the past year. And of those businesses, 70% said that the information stolen was classified as sensitive or confidential.
How can you protect yourself from visual hackers?
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure all sensitive information is stored in a secure location, and that only authorized personnel have access to it.
- Avoid leaving important documents or computer screens unguarded, especially if you are in a public place.
- If you need to type in confidential information, try to do so in a private area where no one can see what you’re doing.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and be suspicious of anyone who seems too interested in what you’re doing.
- Regularly update your security software and passwords, and use strong encryption methods whenever possible.
By following these tips, you can help reduce your risk of being a victim of visual hacking. Stay safe!
Visual hackers are criminals that employ their vision to steal sensitive data. This may be accomplished in a number of ways, but the most frequent is to peer over someone’s shoulder while they’re typing or reading anything. Visual hackers can also photograph sensitive papers or computer screens with their phones, search through trash bins for discarded papers, and so on.